STUDYBASE is offering a prize fund of €100 for a composition in Irish in the form of an essay, story, newspaper or magazine article, letter or debate speech, 500 – 600 words in length, of a standard equivalent to that required in the higher level Leaving Cert Irish examination. Three prizes, €50, €30, and €20, will be awarded in November 2012 for the best entries.
Rules, Information and Guidelines
- Entries must be in Irish.
- This is an open competition. Anyone may submit an entry.
- Entries, accompanied by the application form, should be submitted in MS Word or PDF format by e-mail attachment to email@example.com before the above deadline.
- The postal address for correspondence is An Rúnaí, Studybase, Geata Léim an Bhradáin, Léim an Bhradáin, Co. Chill Dara. Phone 01-6104442.
- There is no entry fee required.
- Competitors may submit more than one entry if they wish.
- Competitors must fill in the online application form giving their own name and contact details which will be held in strict confidence.
- The composition should be original and represent the competitor's own best efforts at writing Irish. It should not have been published before. It must not have been copied from a textbook or other source. Quotations may be used but must be acknowledged.
- Every competitor must certify on the appication form that the entry represents his or her own work.
- Studybase will publish a shortlist of ten of the best entries prior to the awarding of the prizes in order to allow readers to participate in the adjudication process by means of an online poll. NB: Voters must supply their name and email address in order to control abuse of the voting process.
- If they so wish competitors may adopt a pseudonym to accompany their composition if it is to be shortlisted and published online.
- Three prizes, €50, €30, and €20, will be awarded for the best entries.
- It is intended to hold this competition two or three times each year.
- Studybase reserves the right to divide the prizes if appropiate.
- Studybase reserves the right to disregard any entry without giving a reason.
- The adjudicators' decision is final.
- These rules may be changed without notice.